Cleaning a weighted blanket can seem like a daunting task, but with the right instructions, it’s actually quite easy. Weighted blankets provide comfort and relaxation, and it’s important to keep them clean in order to maintain their effectiveness. Here’s how to clean a weighted blanket in five easy steps.
1. Check the Care Label: Before attempting to clean your weighted blanket, take a look at the care label to make sure that the blanket can be safely washed. Some weighted blankets can be machine washed, while others may require spot cleaning or dry cleaning.
2. Vacuum the Blanket: To remove any surface dirt and dust particles, use a handheld vacuum to gently vacuum the entire blanket. This will help to keep your blanket clean and reduce the amount of dirt that gets into the washing machine.
3. Wash the Blanket: Depending on the type of weighted blanket you have, you may need to either hand-wash or machine-wash it. If you are hand-washing, use a mild detergent and cold water. If you are machine-washing, use a gentle cycle and cold water.
4. Dry the Blanket: Drying the weighted blanket can be tricky, as the weight of the blanket can cause it to become misshapen when tossed in the dryer. It’s best to air-dry the blanket by laying it flat on a drying rack or hanging it on a clothesline.
5. Store the Blanket: To keep your weighted blanket clean and looking its best, it’s important to store it properly. Avoid folding the blanket, as this can cause creases and wrinkles, and store it in a cool, dry place.
Cleaning a weighted blanket may seem intimidating, but with the right instructions, it’s actually quite easy. By following these five simple steps, you can keep your weighted blanket clean and looking its best.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How often should I clean my weighted blanket?
A1. You should clean your weighted blanket every 3-6 months, or as needed. This should be done by washing the blanket in cold water on the gentle cycle and then drying it on low heat.
Q2. Can I put my weighted blanket in the dryer?
A2. Yes, but you should always use the lowest heat setting and make sure to use a tennis ball or other fabric softener to help fluff the blanket.
Q3. Is there a special way to clean a weighted blanket?
A3. Yes, it is best to use cold water on the gentle cycle when washing a weighted blanket. It is also important to use a gentle detergent or soap and avoid using fabric softener or bleach.
Q4. Can I machine-wash my weighted blanket?
A4. Yes, you can machine-wash your weighted blanket. However, it is important to use cold water on the gentle cycle, use a gentle detergent, and avoid using fabric softener or bleach.
Q5. How do I dry a weighted blanket?
A5. After washing your weighted blanket, it is important to dry it on the lowest heat setting. You may also want to use a tennis ball or other fabric softener to help fluff the blanket.